Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Super Tuesday Hangover...

I stayed up most of the night to see incoming election results, like most of us election-oholics do, while alternating watching episodes of The West Wing. I was rudely woken up this morning with a 10 minute warning on an appointment that was half an hour's drive away. After dressing quickly, I jumped in the car while balancing my coffee, cell phone and messenger bag and in slow motion I knocked into my coffee cup (sans-lid) and the contents therein spilled all down the front of me, ruining a brand new white, Michael Kors scarf. But don't fret dear readers, it wasn't hot. It was cold. VERY COLD.
I knew it was cosmic-retribution. The Gods had taken vengeance on my hubris!  It was punishment for me buying and wearing such a ridiculously expensive item and for being so bad with time management that I overslept. So my punishment was to be THAT woman who is half asleep, sitting in her car in her driveway, crying over ruining something expensive while being very late.
I was THAT person for a moment and I am slightly disgusted with myself. And the fictional President Jed Bartlett  (of who I bow down to 'cause Martin Sheen is the man) would be very ashamed of me in that moment, and I would have never been given a job on his speechwriting staff.
So upon returning home, I washed the scarf in the sink and hoped that I can save it, but god knows I'm never wasting my money like that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment