Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"Painting With Two Verticals 4."

       My advisor spoke about color. She put a piece by Bridget Riley on one of our handouts. Much to her chagrin, it printed in black and white.
       "Look at the colors online. You must see the colors." I admit, this statement hit a wall within me. I have been sartorially-challenged lately. Everything, from picking the right color for my blog background to my hair is a soulless and frustrating experience for me. This horrible, self-halting has led me to make weak decisions that I obsess over or no decision at all.
      I know this is a lingering issue from my depression and my indecisiveness, fear of failure and bizarre color-blindness are all connected.
      This pains me because I love art. I have a huge affinity for Andy Warhol and I can't help but feel the risk and reward Warhol had in his artistic career might be the thing I'm really craving. Time to begin being a bit more artistic with my life...<3
"Painting With Two Verticals 4." by Bridget Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment