Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Today is a very important day...

        Today, I hope to do well in an interview that is very important to me. I have to be honest, I really hope that I do well because I would rather be doing what I'm about to interview for than my current day-job. Its unpaid, loads of driving, and will probably be very frustrating at times. But, I don't care. I want that post.
        So, I will be needing good vibes when it comes to this interview this morning. I hope you have a great day filled with lovely logic and peaceful moments.
        P.S. I listened to an NPR story on this woman named Teresa MacBain, who was an active Methodist pastor when she came out at the American Atheist's Convention. She gave a speech, not yet having come "OUT" back home. And she seemed nervous as she spoke, talking about her unbelief. Yet, the strangest thing happened, after her first statement in the speech, "I am an atheist", the entire crowd (who did not know her) proceeded to break out into applause and give her a minute-long standing ovation. There were tears and shouts of support from the audience throughout the speech in which you could see she was nervous, but relieved. This shows that it doesn't have to be the "religious" who are lovely people. You don't need religion to be a moral, centered person. There is nothing wrong with the atheist among us.

No comments:

Post a Comment